Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Hidden Blade by Pippa Dacosta (Soul Eater #1)

Name: Hidden Blade
Author: Pippa Dacosta
Series: Soul Eater
Publisher: Self Published by Pippa Dacosta
Publication Date: July 11, 2016
Number of Pages: 176
Rating: 5 my heart is still out of my body stars


"They call me devil, liar, thief. In whispers, they call me Soul Eater. They’re right. I’m all those things—and more." 

Kicked out of the underworld and cursed to walk this earth for all eternity, Ace Dante finds solace in helping others avoid the wrath of the gods.

But when warrior-bitch, Queen of Cats, and Ace's ex-wife, Bastet, hires him to stop whoever is slaughtering her blessed women, Ace is caught between two of the most powerful deities to have ever existed: Isis and Osiris.

The once-revered gods aren’t dead.

They’re back.

And Ace is in their way.

Welcome to a New York where the ancient gods roam.
 

Review:

Pippa Dacosta had done it again. I can't trust my heart around that woman, she tears it out mercilessly.

I'm not growing used to seeing it outside my body. But that's the thing about Pippa, multilayered characters, great actions scenes and an emotional rollercoaster can be expected EVERYTIME you pick up one of her books.

Pippa Dacosta is one damn awfully good author. And I just.... well, it's hard to review each and every one of her books considering I'm really trying to avoid being repetitive. Since I had some time to lick my wounds, here I shall attempt another try.

Pippa had created a New York were the ancients gods roam free, there are demons of course and soul devouring monster but mostly Egyptician myth.

In that regard it kind of reminded me of Gods Misbehaving or was it Gods Behaving Badly? you know that book with the greek gods...? only better.

anyway, Ace and Shu and Bas and Ozzy were all great characters. though Bas was my favorite.

I really do feel bad for Ace for all he has been through. suddenly living forever feels more like an awful punishment than anything else.

shit, I'm bad at this. in format it's a bit more like The Girl From Above series, but really this is a different beast... with all the trademarks and the right choices and the heart out of your body ending.


an ARC was kindly provided by Pippa Dacosta in exchanged for an honest review. On behalf of full disclosure I'll admit that didn't stop me from purchasing my own copy

No comments:

Post a Comment