Thursday, November 13, 2014

Guest Post: Black Rose by Kris Thompson

So, we asked Kris- Why is this book so special to you? What inspired you to write this book?

And  her answer was-When it comes to inspiration for Black Rose there are many things that come to mind. One was that I wanted a semi-crime story in the victims point of view. With stories like Black Rose (crime genre) you predominantly get the cop/detective/private investigator's point of view, and I was always left wondering about the victim and their family. So Black Rose was my way of trying to touch on that.

Another reason was that lately a lot of reality television shows peg women against each other for the sake of ratings, and for me this is very upsetting. I wanted to write a book, not only about a woman finding power within herself to fight back, but about a group of women finding strength within each other to survive and fight back as a team. Call me a child of the 90s, but this was my version of saying "Girl Power".


And I guess that within itself is why this book is so special to me... that, and it's my first book. LOL! So it will always be special in my heart.




Thanks Kris- we are also supportive of  "Gril Power!"

No comments:

Post a Comment