Thursday, September 11, 2014

Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release Date: August 5th 2014
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Series: Lux
Pages: 543
Rating: 3.5 stars
Buy on: Amazon
Add to Goodreads

Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.

She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal.

They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.

War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing.
 
My Thoughts:
 
 I dont read a lot of ya paranormal books anymore and its weird because I used to six months ago or so but I read this one just because I was expecting its release like crazy and cause I read the previous books in the series last xmas.

As always Jennifer Armentrout did a wonderful job with her world of aliens and humans.
Opposition starts with so much intensity it was crazy, I thought that my heart would break from agony. Every scene is packed with action and anticipation and with such love that I was swooning over my kindle like crazy. The new characters were badass and funny at the same time and yet so real. I felt for them from page one...even for the villains. BUT....yup you were waiting for it.

But in this final book of the lux I felt like something was missing. Something essential, that truth is, I cant place what it was. It made the book suck a little bit for me and to be honest I was anticipating this book like crazy only to find myself a little disappointed. Maybe more that I expected. Although, like I said before it was packed with action it lacked what the rest did and that left me wondering if the author just overused the same conversations and phrases over and over. I felt like I went through deja vu with some scenes and that was so so so lame and...common.

Now, everyone knows that I am a sucker for romance BUT I hate it when I have a nice romance scene that is cute and sweet and balloons and rainbows and then suddenly I have this overly sexy scene that I feel like I am reading a preview or a cutout of something close to 50 shades. NO JUST NO that shit aint right. The main characters didnt seem to grow or get more mature after what went through (and they went through hell) and that is so shallow. Like you are completely immune to anything and nothing registers in your brains.

Other than that ,the pace of the book is really good, you dont even feel the 500+ pages because the pace is really good and there is always something thats going on that keeps you glued to the pages.

This is a good book but not what I was entirely expecting for a series finale.

Efterpi


No comments:

Post a Comment