Thursday, September 4, 2014

Review: Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan


 Author: Mia Sheridan
Release Date: 28.01.2014
Publisher: Create Space Independent Publishing
Series: A Sign Of Love
Pages: 345
Rating: 5 stars
Buy on: Amazon
Add to Goodreads

When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isolated man who holds a secret agony of his own. A man no one else sees.

Archer's Voice is the story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice. It is the story of suffering, fate, and the transformative power of love.
 

 My Thoughts

This is one of the most heart breaking, heart shattering book I have ever read. Ever. Period. I found this book by pure luck and I am so glad I did.
The feeling that I experienced while reading Archer's Voice changed my point of view towards the world and towards giving people a second chance when they need it the most. I learned that no one is truly lost until everyone tried to bring him back where he belongs...with the rest of us.

From the very first pages I started to care for Bree and Archer. I was captivated by the beauty of the author's writing, the beautiful descriptions of the town of Pelion and how alive it felt to me. Bree was one of the mist beautiful characters crafted out there and Archer too.

We get the story mostly from Bree's point of view but we get a few flashbacks from Archer's memories when he was a child. The feelings...oh my god the feelings are just indescribable , so heartbreaking and sad and gloomy and then you move to happier scenes, scenes that make you swoon and think that your heart is going to explode from anticipation. It was a crazy emotional roller coaster at Six Flags.

The story builts in a good pace, not too fast not too slow, but in a perfect rhythm that had the characters spent quality time together in order to meet each other and fall in love slowly. The conversations between them and their thoughts seemed real, they were down to earth, Bree and Archer dealt with actual problems that any couple like them would face and that made the book amazingly real. I felt like I had all the time in the world to read this book, I didnt feel rushed or had this fear that the book would end soon and I would be left hanging.

The dose of romance in it had me swooning. I think thats how romance should be, thats how it is. It felt original, especially after all those books that I read and every single one seems like a fanfiction of the other. The scenes were beautifully crafted and blended with each other, even went it went from good to bad from soft to rocky everything blended the right way. I felt like I was in love.

Archers Voice is a book about overcoming your fears,discovering who you are, coming to terms with it and taking responsibility and your life in your own hands. Its all about courage. I loved, loved, loved this book.


Note: Although this book is part of the series Sign Of Love it can also be read as a stand alone.

Efterpi

No comments:

Post a Comment