Monday, October 27, 2014

Book Talk: When My Currently Reading Shelf Is Out Of Control

In the last few months something scary happened. More than that I returned to old habits. Bad habits I tried to leave behind me a few years ago.
If I may add I think I did a pretty decent job until recently.
So what exactly is that horrible thing? Well.
Do you know those people who read a couple of books at the same time? For the longest time I used to be one of them. With the ability to read more than five books at the same time without getting confused between them. 

Then I decided to control the reading habit. I started limiting myself to 1-2 books each time. 
However, the last couple of months had been rough, So rough I found it hard to concentrate and immerse myself in one book. Which led to me reading many books at the same time. My "currently reading" shelf stands on about 13-16 books right now. It's scary as hell. Most I begin than pt asice and pick up again a few weeks after. 

However, I can't stop picking up new books. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to read finish one of those books in a normal amount of time (between a day or a couple of weeks). But there are book I've been reading for MONTHS. 

What about you? 




1 comment:

  1. haha.. I've never had this particular problem! I'm a one-book-at-a-time kinda girl (: Good luck with your pile though girl.. I have no idea how you keep track of all of those different characters and plot lines!
    Morrighan @ Elysian Fields
    ( http://ufbooks.blogspot.com )

    ReplyDelete